Calling all young people!
UPDATE: Due to the overwhelming response, we are no longer accepting new submissions. Thank you to all those that shared this opportunity and to all the young people that submitted. We will be following up with you soon.
Right now, in the midst of COVID19, most conversations concerning young people has been about them not with them. There has been significant talk about online learning, but we know that everyone’s experience with school is different and we know that young people are more than just students. Just like for adults, there are a range of new realities that COVID-19 has introduced, and while young people have issues they also have solutions. We know that the personal is political, and we’d like to hear from young people directly.
PFF is looking for submissions from young people from across Connecticut that will be shared on an ongoing basis on our social media platforms. We know that young people have been just as hard-hit by the economic impact of COVID-19, so all young people who submit an aligned submission will receive a stipend of $250. We will be accepting submissions through May 8th, and possibly beyond, depending on funding availability.
Submissions should answer one of the following questions:
- What is your new reality right now and how are you facing it?
- What’s been most challenging for you in the current moment, and how do you think these challenges should be addressed?
- How do you think the world will change after COVID-19 and what is your vision for the future?
- What’s one way young people are impacted that no one’s talking about?
- What does this pandemic reveal about race, class, health, and justice?
Submission Criteria and Stipend Specifications:
- Submissions are limited to young people living in Connecticut between the ages of 13 – 24.
- Submissions can be, rap, spoken word, poetry, visual art, articles, essays, videos (yes, that includes TikTok), and images.
- Written submissions should be between 250 – 500 words.
- Video submissions can be up to 3 minutes.
- Each submission will receive $250 as compensation because, yes, creativity is work.
- However compensation is a one-time stipend of $250 (multiple submissions by the same person/people will not result in multiple stipends).
- $250 is the stipend amount per submission regardless of the number of creators/people credited.
- A PayPal account is required to receive the stipend; those looking to receive the funds must make a PayPal account prior to submitting their content (PayPal accounts are free; PayPal is not sponsoring this opportunity).
Ready to send in your submission? Click here!
If you have any questions, please contact PFF Program Associate Mercedes MacAlpine at firstname.lastname@example.org.